Sunday, September 13, 2009

40 Years of Love and Forgiveness...


Photobucket

September 7, 2009 my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. It's been 40 years of great memories, some heartbreak, but most importantly 40 years of a lot of love and learning the value of forgiveness.

Last night, September 12, 2009 we celebrated with them and it was a beautiful evening. We enjoyed the night with family and close friends. Thank you all for sharing in the celebration with our family.

I can't even begin to describe my family, my parents. They are amazing. They taught me to never give up, to never say 'I can't'and the value of an education. Not to brag or anything, but in our family alone we have a combined- 12 degrees ;)... a lot of it is owed to the expectation that my parents set for us. We WERE getting a college education, no matter what! No excuses! I hope we can all pass that to our own children... and I am pretty confident that we are heading in the right direction with that.

It has not been a perfect 40 years, not by a long shot. But as a family and by the Grace of God we got through it, we survived. So, thank you mom and dad for EVERYTHING you have done for all of us and for EVERYTHING you still do for us. We could never, ever repay you for it all. Always know how much we appreciate it, how much we love you guys and how BLESSED we are to call you our parents. Happy Anniversary!

,

Photobucket

Photobucket
The music playing right now on the blog is a song my dad dedicated to my mom years back...enjoy!



Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...