Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So Long...

Insecurity...

I mentioned in my last entry that I am reading Beth Moore's book, So Long, Insecurity. It is absolutley amazing! I am about half way done and it is hard to put down... but other interruptions have not allowed me to finish it. I did write down a couple of excerpts (yes, I am a dork that takes notes as she reads) that really stood out for me and hit very close to home...

God can bring freedom and vision to your life because of those limitations that you would never have discovered without them. You can let your limitations make you either insecure or unstoppable.(p. 66)

WOW... so true. I am working hard on letting my limitations make me be unstoppable!

Another excerpt that actually almost made me tear up was this...

He knows it's scary to be us.

He does not take lightly that some of us were raised in a veritable madhouse. He does not take lightly that some of us have been mentally berated or physically beaten or sexually abused or simply abandoned. He does not take lightly that some of us are still trying to recover from that midnight phone call. He does not take lightly that some of us were born with legs that don't work. Or eyes that can't see. Or ears that can't hear. He does not take lightly that some of us have endured the cancer treatment of our very own children. He does not take lightly that some of us, have buried our own children.

He knows it's scary to be us.

I didn't cry because I read this in the middle of silent reading during a class of 30 sophomores. I can't show weakness with them ;-). But this was so powerful for me!




1 comment:

Vetyguz said...

Thanks for sharing myra!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...