Thursday, December 30, 2010

Enjoying a Not-so-perfect Life in an Oh-so-perfect way…


I’m guilty of every year making the usual resolutions… I will eat better, exercise, lose weight, etc. While I have done pretty well at that…

Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

... it wasn’t because it was my “resolution”.
So, I think I am skipping the resolution thing this time and just focusing on being thankful this year.
My goal is to express my gratitude and say thank you for anything and everything I can. Even the little things that Jesus blesses me with.
Things like…
Thank you for playing my favorite song on the way to work today.
Thank you for only having to “redirect” 10 students today instead of 11… or an entire class of 30.
Thank you for the opportunity to see the look on that student’s face when he/she FINALLY got that open ended response…
Thank you for the meltdown Jayda just had, because it means… I have Jayda here… and she is healthy.
Thank you for that headache… because it makes me appreciate the days I don’t have one… just that much more…
Just… thank you, God…
This past year hasn’t been perfect.

 I did my share of crying.
My share of questioning, ok,  yelling at God.
 I did my share of hating, uhm, I mean disliking a person.
 My share of judging, criticizing…
 And-- I’m sure I was judged. I’m sure I was or am hated. And I’ve probably deserved it.
I created messes that I had to clean up…
My heart got bruised… many, many times.
But… in the end…
everything was always ok…

 in the end…
 I always found the “thank you” the “blessing.”
In 2011…
 I am sure this not-so-perfect life will continue…
 in its perfect little way…
and I welcome it.

 I will need Jesus by my side because I am sure I will hit some more road bumps… detours… but, no time to be weak … no time to surrender… we just need to roll with it. And roll is what I shall do!

I may not understand everything that happens to me or to those I care for, but I will trust Jesus when those questionable events do occur.


Oh, and I know I said I wasn't, but it just wouldn't be me if I didn't come up with a new resolution, uhm, I mean goal...

Photobucket
Yep, who needs feet... my hands can do it... feet are so over-rated anyway...
  ;-). 
I'm just doing it to go to Disney again... that marathon thing... you know me...

2 comments:

katie said...

you rock! ok so if you get a seat that will allow you some more incline, it will be more aerodynamic. also, check out sites like the challenged athletes association and they can help out or also direct you somewhere. check out your local recreational depts too. i am so happy and proud of you and your weight loss pics are awesome. how did you do that???? i admire you so much!!!!

Julia Ladewski said...

wow. well, i don't know your story, but you sound like an amazingly awesome woman!! thanks for linking your story!!! God bless you this new year!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...