Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Story Behind Every Story...

"But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin."
— Mitch Albom


 Photobucket


I am so blessed to have my life story originate from such strong and wonderful women. I can only pray that I can be to Jayda what they have been to me.


I recently read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and it made me realize how many questions I will have for my great-grandma when I get to see her again. I had a special bond with her when I was younger, she was a huge part of my life at a very young age, sadly she passed when I still a young age... and I didn't physically have her around as a teen or an adult... but I know she's been around in other ways.

I know, without a doubt, she and Jayda have a very special connection. I know they "know" each other. I believe in my heart that she held Jayda before I ever did. Since Jayda was a very "planned" baby (IUI)- I know exactly when she was conceived-- Mami Jesusita's birthday- November 7. It was through a procedure that usually isn't successful until the 3rd attempt... we got pregnant on our first attempt. Coincidence? I think not. Jayda also has shared strong desires  to visit her grave. She has this connection. Too strong of a connection to not believe that they know each other. And I can't wait to see my great-grandma and hear all about it when that time comes. It is a true blessing!

But, we all have great stories to tell... and yes, they have all started out from our mother's...
wonderful, God fearing women!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...