Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Running Shoes

I had wanted to get myself a new pair of tennis shoes for a while now, but I’ve never been a tennis shoe type of girl so I always struggled to find a pair I truly liked. But, there is something about new workout attire that gives a person a sense of “power”… at least I think so.


Anyway, back to the shoes… running shoes... to be exact… that’s what the box did say. So, could it be? A true miracle in a orange shoe box with a “swoosh” across it… could they really get me to “Just Do It” and run…?!?


Uhm, yeah, I think not.  And for the record, no, I never did think they could. My run has been and always will be “broken”, as Jayda puts it, (Go HERE for more Jayda-isms)…but it’s ok, because I’m running a marathon with Jesus one day- mark.my.word. I got the shoes because they were cute. For the first time I found tennis I really, really liked and I wanted them. PLUS… they were ON SALE! SCORE!


Soooo,


The real miracle? Yes, I did experience one…


Are you ready for it...?


When my card was swiped to pay – Visa didn’t decline it… yay, ME… and thank you Jesus
(kidding, kidding)!


OK, no, seriously…

 my point is…

I got myself some really cute running shoes that really don’t make you run, but, yeah, anyway… I really, really like them.


And they did make me realize that…

Buying a pair of running shoes will not be the miracle that instantly gives me the ability to run nor was I expecting that… but, I am blessed to have two feet to put them on, the ability to buy them (kinda-sorta)… and a really great sense of style if I do say so myself!

But always...
Look closely in everything life hands to you – really, really look—see it… admire it… be thankful for it… because it’s there, a miracle… in everything -- be blessed always.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...